Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This Weeks Featured Shop Knotty n Nice

I started selling accessories when I was in elementary school. My mother was my main customer. I did have a loyal group of girlfriends who gave up their quarters to support what I was sure would be a future in the fashion industry. Instead, my life path led me to work with children, and I am currently in my 10th year as a special education teacher. My work can be as demanding as it is rewarding, so my creative outlets balance my life.




I incorporate ladder trellis yarn into most of my scarves and necklaces. This ribbon yarn is made with small, brilliant panels of color suspended between 2 and 3 rows of black or like-colored yarn. The feel against your skin is fantastically lightweight and silky. Accessories made with ladder ribbon are great for travel, daily wear and storage in small areas, as they retain their shape.



My designs have found their way out into the world through friends, craft shows, and even an opera house gift shop. Selling on Etsy is my first venture into online marketing. In early July, I started filling my shop with my crocheted and tassel necklaces. I am so excited to add my scarflettes and full length scarves as we move into autumn!



You can find me at




Peace,

Janine

Knotty 'n Nice




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...